Monday, April 15, 2013

The Perks of Being Single

 
 
That awkward moment when you see a 12 year old fellow having a boyfriend or girlfriend, while you're still single! :P
 
Another awkward moment when your iPhone battery lasts longer than most relationships these days. :(
 
That feeling when you know, you're pretty, clever, kind... with career...But there's still no one who would love you..:P
 
 
Hello fellow singles! I know the following may sound nauseating to you.  When was the last time you have heard of these?   

1. When will you get married? You're not getting any    
         younger.
2. How many children do you have now? (this usually happens when you meet a classmate you have not seen for a very long time and greet you with that question without even
           asking if you're married)
3. If you won't marry now, who will take care of you when you
           get old?
4. Don't you want to have your own kids? (of course, I wanted to have my own but you think that easy?)
5. You have good genes, you should procreate...
6. Don't be choosy, just grab the first who will show you
     love...
7. You have to be sexy so guys will like you...
8. Go where the boys are...(I usually answer back with an austere tone..."sa sabungan?")
9. Never mine the face, just make sure his straight..
10.  Marry anyone now, you might regret later..
11. It is harder to get pregnant when you're getting old.. (as if I don't have any idea..)
12. What? you watch movie alone?? that's weird! Never do
       that again...(honestly, I've been doing this for a very looong time...sanay na nga ako eh..)
13. Who is your date this Valentine's day? Do you have any
       boyfriend? Who will give you flowers and chocolates? Oh
       that's easy just buy yourself those stuff and pretend
       someone gave it to you...
14. Hey, old maid...you're on your way!("Balasang a baket neh....ket anyan ti kukuem mon? apay ngamin di ka agasawa aya??") ouch!(",)
15. Really?? you never had a boyfriend?? weeeh? di ngah?
16. So, still a virgin huh? (so rude..)
17. Why don't you go to the disco bar at night and meet guys?
18. Do you have at least any prospect? waaat?.. prospek na nga lang.. wala din! (e ala nga talaga eh..) :(
19. Join organizations (like religious org., sports...kung wala pa rin try mo sa kulto baka meron doon....hehe...) so you will have the chance to meet him.
20.  Asks for signs! (what signs? signs of times?? o sign language??)
 
 
How many times have you encountered the remarks and questions mentioned above?  In fact, some of these may have truth behind it.  It may sounds alarming but I believe everything has its own reasons and is set at the right time. Unfortunately in this world, there are people who are plain insensitive and just throw those annoying, disgusting and  insulting questions and remarks.  The worst thing is, they even have the guts to start giving some lectures after, as if they are the only people who have the knowledge about the risk of growing old alone.   Being single doesn't make us a less person nor halt us to be happy and discover the things we want in life.   I remember one time, there was this woman in one of our trainings who kept asking me why I am not married and not in a relationship at my age. At first, I patiently explained my reasons for her to cease. But it didn't end that way, I suddenly lose my temper when one time she sounded so mean to me, "You shouldn't be choosy! You know you're gettin' old, you should give chances even carpenters and "magtataho!" (street vendor who sells "taho") with a slighting laughter. I ended up telling her that "carpenters, "magtataho" and even beggars CAN BE CHOOSY!" with a sarcastic tone.  I don't mean to be gruff to anyone, but this serves as wake-up call.  There is one thing that these obtuse people should realized and that is exhibiting respect to others whether single or committed.
 
This generation is far from the time when once you start having your menstruation, you are suppose to be engaged and get married. We are in this century where career women started to dominate large companies and even lead the whole country. In this period of time, women are no longer second rate, or just plain housewife. They have proven something to the world. They have the power to do things and can make just decisions for the amelioration of our society.  Women who can stand alone, who have the courage to be independent and enjoy the perks of being single.
  
I find "ragsak" when I decided to ask the opinions and predilections of these Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loving and Enlightened  women who remain being single inspite of having many fishes in the ocean.  I would like to thank them for sharing and being a part of this post.  These women are my good-hearted, gorgeous, gifted, eggheaded friends who in some way enjoys their moment.  Being single has many perks. I would love to share with you their insights..
                  
    Happy  READING!
 
            The Perks of Being Single
 
 

 
"Being single isn't a time to look for love, use that time to work on yourself and grow as a beautiful person you can be." 
 
 
 
"What I love about being single is the word itself. Single means being independent. Single means being you making your own decisions. Single means being alone but most of the time being alone gives you the opportunity to know and do what you really want to do. Being single my dear friend is not that bad at all as long as you make most of the opportunity it brings and not settling for any less."-Mytz
 

 
  
"Single is a word that best describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others."
 
 
 
 
"What I love about being single is that there is a certain degree of freedom especially in making decisions because you do not consider a partner in decision making. You have more time to spend with family and with work. You can share more of your time also to others since you have less responsibilities. Being single gives me greater opportunities to explore and share my talents and skills." -Matey-
 
 
 
 
"Single doesn't have to mean lonely.  Single simply means, I'm resting my heart until it's ready to love again." (",)
 
 
 
"I can eat whatever I want, I can go wherever I want , I can wear whatever is comfortable with me, I can stay in school until everybody is gone...without thinking of someone waiting for me!"   -Vine-
 
 
 
"I'm not single, I'm in long term relationship with adventure and fun!"
  
 
 
"What I love about being single is having more time with God. I can be His instrument in serving other people likewise in encouraging others to study the Bible.  I love it because God spared me many times in every struggle, maybe God knows I can’t handle if ever happens to me… Being single is being independent. I can plan and have more time with myself.  But I have to admit the fact that, I am still open to a married life, if given the chance.  Right now,  I’m still hoping that someday, maybe tomorrow, it may happen."  -Linda-
 
 
 
 
Being single is another way of God putting us aside and saying,
"I WILL SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST."
 
 

"I never thought that I'd be single still in my 30s. But I am. I somehow do not regret it.  Back when I was younger, I was filled with fear of growing old, age with my profession, become penniless till eternity, not having the chance to virtually be a wife and mom and worst of all be called a pathetic spinster!  But hey! being single at my age is not the end of the world! I've had opportunities and experiences being single that I cherish.  I'm enjoying my 30s and embracing happiness.  After all happiness isn't about being young, rich, committed and married." -Lanz-
 
 
 
"Being single does not mean no one wants you... it just means that God is busy writing your love story." 
 
 
 
"I can settle my priorities. I have time for a new hairdo, a hair treatment, get my nails done, get a massage, and indulge in a spa. I can focus on my career, make investments and a lot of savings. Hence, have a better lifestyle. Being single means I can meet more people of the same interests and aspirations which can make life brighter, more challenging and more meaningful -things you can't do with an ill-supportive partner." -Grace-

 
 
 
"Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you're in."
 
 
 
 
"Being single doesn't mean I'm alone in this world. (right?) I love being single because I can go wherever I want since I'm an outgoing person. I can do whatever I want anytime I feel like doing it. I can eat whatever I want to eat. I can wear anything I want. I have all the time to bond with my friends and family. No heartaches, no drama, no tears to waste, no problem… no one will make me cry. I am free to choose and decide for myself. I own my freedom."    -Prettie-

 
 
 
"Single doesn't mean lonely.  Single means you are preparing for the arrival of the BEST love."  
 
 
 

"There are several reasons why I'm happy and love being single. First, I have more time  to do things for myself in all aspects. Taking care of my physical health and socialize with other people. Second, less commitment and responsibility that leads me to pressure and worries.   More energy and time for spiritual matters like praying, daily devotion, bible study, worship and attending church service.  Spending time with friends and family constantly unlike if  I am committed, undivided attention will always affect me.  Thinking of obligation to a person I love wherein sometimes it fails because of the busy schedule."  -Ditas-
 
 
 
"You are an amazing and beautiful woman whose heart is just too big for most men to stand."
 
 
 
 
 "I can make myself happy by doing the things I love and having fun with my friends.  Being single is having more money to spend for important things especially my own needs and wants. When I am not committed, there is no need to agonize over whether or not he'll call or text me.  I can go to bed and get up whenever I like.  I will be able to connect with my old friends and family because if I'm in a relationship I might set them aside."   -Rhianne-
 
 
 
 
Don't worry if you're still single. God is looking at you now saying, "I'm saving this girl for someone special."
 
 

     "I have less responsibility. I only have to take care of my own self.  I can focus on my goals more because being unattached means no significant other can influence my decisions. If my schedule permits, it's easier to plan my trips, even long ones because I don't have to be home soon to take care of a family.  Since I don't have children or a husband to take care of,  I can have lots of time to spend on my hobbies.  Since I don't have my own family to support financially, this is a better chance to help other people who are in need.  I have more time to serve God.  I can know myself better when I'm alone. Sometimes, when we spend too much time with other people, we tend to forget who we really are.  I believe single people are stronger emotionally when it comes to separation anxiety because single people have adjusted to their single and unattached lifestyle especially if they have been single for a long time. People who are always used to having a partner can be weaker when they suddenly become alone."   -Robby-
 
   
 
WARNING: Unhealthy relationships may cause headache, stress and waste of your time.  The cure for this is to be SINGLE. (",)
 
 
In case some people will still bombard you with those questions, I came up and find the following answers to be effective...
 
1.  "Why do you want to know?" (say it with your sweeeeetest
       smile evah!)
2. "It is not my priority at this moment." (next question
      please)
3.  "I don't believe in marriages." (Even if deep inside, you've
     been wanting and waiting... hehe)
4.  "Strict ang parents ko e!" (say it in a "conyo" way, wait, I
      still yet to discover how to type "enye")
5.  "You know, I've got busy schedule." (show that fellow your
      ready made list of sched...taas kilay..see this?)
6.   "Are you in a hurry teh? I will just text you when, don't
       change your number ha."
7.  "Paki mo?" (with taray epek para mas epektib, sabay alis)
       hehe
8.  "Ang presidente nga ng pinas di pa nag aasawa e, ako pa
      kaya?"
9.  "So what? do you have problem with that?"(say it with a
       british accent)
10.  "I'm still waiting for my prince charm e.." (sabay tawag
      kunyari sa fone,"hello")
11. "Wedding preparation is ready... except the groom."
12. "Come what may...(sabay sabi "tagal naman ng inaantay
       ko bilisan moooh!")
13. "Tomorrow... invited ka bah? come early hah, don't be
        late! manlibre ang late."
14.  Dedma lang, tas sabay sabeeeh, "wanna eat? libre ko"
15.  "Can you please, miiiind your own business, I'm    
      fiiiiinnnne!" (after saying that, go treat yourself with your
      comfort food..:)
16.  "Wala lang, peg ko maging singgol e!" ( singgol: Single
         since Sanggol... hehe)
17.  "Okay na 'to mas nakakatipid ako, nakakaipon pa." (Oo
       nga naman kesa naman yong maging S.A.W.I. ( Single At
       Walang Ipon, if you're single, you have all the years to
       save up for your old age...)
18.  "Ayaw ko kasing magdagdag sa overpopulation." (say it
        with an indian accent naman)
19.  "I have just discovereeed...he's a she!" (waaaaaah!)
20. "Bahala na si Batman, si Superman at tsaka si Lastikman
        na rin."

 


“I enjoy being single, but I would loved to be married and have my own children." (",)

  
 Any other perks of being single, lovelies? (",)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment