Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fifty Shades of Summer

 
 
The quest for a simple haven to go to for summer is I think coming home to a countryside.  Nothing can whip the waft of fresh air, the lure of green surroundings, the enticing low-cost of salubrious fruits and vegetables and the freshly caught fish and seafoods.  The tranquility of the place will definitely moved anyone to look at the beauty of every little creature  and quench their eyes with its artistry, comeliness and ipseity that a country may offer.   There's one thing I am sure about, whenever I am home in the country, I can dream, plan and think well.  At night, with its unflappable ambience while sitting on a cozy settee, I always remember the good memories that I had with my father especially when I was a kid.  My simple yet so much "ragsak"  childhood memento.   I always grab that opportunity to imagine how my life would be.  Will I ever get the chance to get married and experience the beauty of motherhood with my kids in this corner of the earth? Will I be fortunate enough to share this wonderful journey to my future grandchildren?  Enough of this! I will continue building my castles in the air when I get back.   
 
Fifty shades of summer depicts beauty, off beaten path, rarity, awe-inspiring, infinity and wonders.
 
Ilocos countryside here I come... (",)
 
 
 
1.   feeling hot this summer? drink water...
 



2. native green-red chili anyone?




3.   see that little creature?




4. oh my well!



5.  food for the eyes- squash!



6.  woody wood good for cooking




7.  smelly but yummy



8.  oh how i love red tomatoes!





9.  call me "Ipil-ipil"




10.  tobacco and its beautiful flowers




11. carabao's poop - choco flavor? :P



12.  green shades




13.      this tree is older than me




14.  who would like to ride with me in this banca?




15.     emperador light



16. mouthwatering watermelon



17.    color me white



18. native garlic



19.  fave seaweeds "pukpuklo" with tomatoes



20. havin' fun kiddo?



21.   green mangoes everywhere!



22.  like mama hen like baby chick



23.    would you like to try this next time? we call    
                         this "dalikan".




24.   meet Tikkee, the youngest in the family,
         our native "tikka"  at any time of the
        day, you will hear the resounding
       "tikkkkkkkaaaaa.....tikkkkkaaaaaa".



25.     peek-a-boom



26.     the rising sun




27.    native corn



28.     stagnant water



29.    leaf freak



30. look like a sweet orchid




31.      burning wood



 
 
32.     home sweet home
 
 


33.     alive and kickin'



34.    looking for something huh?

 
 
35.    shade at noontime

 

 
36.  edible...grandma taught me how
 
 
 
 
37.   native turnips  ("singkamas")
 
 
 
 
38.     i love looove the beach!
 
 
 
 
39.              whenever my imagination works, my
                 handcrafted wallet

 
 
 
 
40.           a character
 

 
 
41.        hey mister watermelon
 
 
 
 
42.     newly cooked Ilocos longganisa with
           fresh tomatoes
 
 
 
 
43.     fresh buko (coconut) juice want some?
 
 
 

 
44.  edible grilled chili with tomatoes
 
 
 
 
45.       farm posts
 
 
 
 
46.  we call this "balatong" (mongo)
 
 
 
 
47.    sour taste "pias"
 
 
 

 
48.     water cooler
 
 
 
 
49.      dried coconut leaves



50.      pepsi in a plastic with straw

                                           PHOTOGRAPHED BY ALITTLETHINGCALLEDRAGSAK,  
                                           ILOCOS NORTE PHILIPPINES/March 2013
 
       
  
 
  Click it!

  
   While wandering around take photos of things you don't give much attention and you will discover "ragsak" after... (",)


 

4 comments:

  1. Friend, I can smell the poop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and inside the DALIKAN is...uhm.. longganisa..
    yummy! hungry much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deanne! Yes, I prefer to cook that way it is more Ilocano-ness (no idea, if this word exist) hehehe, I mean it is more traditional and practical since I live in the countryside where woods/thickets are abundant. Exactly, that is the sumptuous Ilocos longganisa, all I can say now is "mabisinakon!" (I'm hungry). You may check picture number 42, the newly cooked longganisa with sliced fresh (from the farm) red tomatoes. Bon Apetit! (",)

      Delete