Monday, April 8, 2013

"Diyes-Singko"

 


Breakfast  is the most important meal of the day.  We make sure to eat first before doing our tasks.  Can you imagine working without anything in your stomache? How do you feel? Do you have the desire to go on with your work? Definitely not! We go to the kitchen, spy for food and open the fridge for leftovers or just buy pandesal and dip it in a hot coffee. 


In Ilocos, my forever fave breakfast is a garlic fried rice with leftover viand like "pinakbet" or anything in the fridge.  If no leftovers, I will go with "tuyo" (dried fish) with fresh tomatoes or steamed "kangkong"  (camote tops).  Enjoy it with rice coffee, milk or simply a glass of cold water.  Breakfast solve!


One morning, I  went to the cemetery, lit a candle for my father as I usually do whenever I'm home.  After that, went to the public market, surprisingly met my cousin and invited him if we can have breakfast to the nearest eatery as I was already starving that time.  He said, "I know a place, hope you will like it, many people go there to eat because it is famous."  I immediately responded, "intan a!" (let's go!) The name of the place is "10-5 Eatery".  Why 10-5?  It is known  for its ten pesos "pancit" and five pesos cup of rice with a free "kaldo" (soup).     When we were eating, mostly students flock to the place and ordered the same menu (pancit+rice+kaldo).  It is really a budget friendly especially to those who are saving up for something.  Imagine a breakfast with the total amount of  fifteen pesos with free "kaldo" and cold water.   Well, they are not the only eatery who offers  a very affordable breakfast, there is also "7-3" or "siyete-tres."  In every eatery, there is a variation when it comes to toppings.  Some uses and prefers, "dinuguan" as toppings for the pancit. Well, it is your pick. (",)






 
 
 
 
Where in this corner of the earth you can buy a breakfast cheaper than what I have mentioned?  In the metro, that may costs a hundred already. I can't help but compare. 
 
Looking for a budget friendly eatery? Visit the place then and enjoy the meal. 
 
 Honestly, I find "ragsak" in this simple experience.

3 comments:

  1. i'll go with "siyete-tres"..
    with extra kaldo please;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi deanne! let's try "syete-tres" next time, I'm incharge (",)

      Delete
  2. Hi Deanne if you scout a "5-3" "singko-tres", just le me know...we can have eat all you can again, my treat hehehehe:)

    ReplyDelete