Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nuestra Sra. de Gracia

  Nuestra Señora de Gracia is a baroque Roman catholic church located in one of the oldest parishes in Makati City, Philippines.  The parish church and its adjacent monastery are currently administered by the  Augustinian friars of the Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu. Its neighborhood include the Loyola Memorial Chapel, the Laperal compound, and the Guadalupe Minor Seminary. 
                           
My first time in the  metro, I really did my best to find this church so I can attend mass here on my birthdays.  Being here for couple of times already makes me appreciate more its enthralling and preserved structure. Looks like a beautiful, conservative, simple yet elegant woman seated on a chair in a veranda yet captures the heart of the passersby.
 
While taking these photos, I can't help but smile and remember that familiar voice of my father who used to tell me that during my baptism, I was wailing while outside heavy rain keeps pouring. In this church, I was welcomed to the christian world.
 
  

 
                           Another witnessing happened today.  
                           Welcome to the christian world baby Zax! (",)
 
 
     PHOTOGRAPHED BY ALITTLETHINGCALLEDRAGSAK, APRIL 2013
    
 
 
Summer heat and a look back brought me so much "ragsak."
  
 When was the last time you visited the church where you were baptized? (",)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Sacred Heart Parish Church, QC to get my baptismal certificate for our church wedding. Hope you'll go back here at Nuestra Señora de Gracia soon, to get yours, with 'for wedding purposes' marked on it. Wink wink! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is.... I CLAIM IT! *wink*

    ReplyDelete