Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Legacy



"Have you decided?"
"Sorry Ms. not yet po"
"When will I hear your final decision?"
"Please give me enough time Ms."
"You can do it, why don't you give it a try?"
"I'll think about it Ms."

One of those jiffy conversations I had with my boss  as she was trying to convinced me to support her and be a part of a "project" she's been yearning to happen.  I just gave her  impassive answers to those questions and didn't give her a hindmost decision.  The truth is I am not really that confident when it comes to strategies and techniques in writing and my word bank is still hankering for more conclusive and opulent words.  Inspite of my demurral, she ended up telling me that in this world a woman should leave at least three legacies.  The first is to plant  a tree, and she said she has planted more than a tree already. Second, is to bear a baby or a child. With her tone of voice I think she already accepted the fact that she can no longer give birth aside from the fact that she hasn't been married and already on her late forties.  Lastly, is to write a book.  It has been her dream since young to be an author of a book for children.  At present,  she is an advocate for the love of reading.  I believe she will be an exceptional writer, equipped with so much knowledge when it comes to her writing prowess. She got all the right tools for writing. Go Ms. you can do it!(",)

Woman should leave at least three legacies:


1. to bear a CHILD

        stunning beauty of mom and daughter,
 my manang marj with her little princess megan...
see those captivating smiles?(",)


2. to plant a TREE



3. to write a BOOK

 
I have to admit I am one of her fans in her writing prowess...(",)
this is what she said with all humility..
"I am deeply honored that PDI considered my
entry for their book compilation. Dreams do come true!"
  a good friend Sharon is an exquisite and impressive writer
 so proud of you girl! (",)
 

Honestly, I'm thinking of that opportunity. Why not give it a try? After all, chances will only knock once at our door.  At this time, I'm taking another sip of my cold green milk tea and imagine myself as an author of a particular book, yeah it feels good!  Well, I once asked some of my friends who are writers  about their tips and they told me to just write down anything that comes out in my mind because I can always edit what I have written.  At this time since I am not yet sure, whenever I meet my boss along the corridor, I greet and ask her a different topic far from the legacy and writing thingy. Right now, I am just a "feeling" writer, "writer-writeran", "trying hard to be a writer" "learning hard to be a writer" what else? I think it takes time, effort and a heart to be an author.  Writing is a passion that needs to be nurtured. Who knows tomorrow when I wake up  I might feel that profound urge to write For now, I find satisfaction in this simple act of finding "ragsak". (",)

   

How about you, what legacy will you leave? (",)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. With all those three legacies, I have only done the second, which is to plant a tree... Hope to do the other two soon. While I type this, a friend is in front of me playing with her child and a book sitting right beside me. So, I still need to work on the others to fulfill my legacy as a woman and as a person! Good luck to all of us wanting to leave a good legacy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our great dude up there sees what we hanker. There is always the best time my dear, only God knows when. For now, you just have to be patient, keep your faith, discover your passion and keep doing good things. Who knows? It maybe another SURPRISE! (",) Let the feeling of RAGSAK gets in, don't feel sad. (",)

    ReplyDelete