Sunday, March 10, 2013

I HEART Ilocano Songs


I am fortunate enough to live in a community with remarkably stupendous local songs.  I believe that songs are one of the most important components that keep the local community  together.

Even if I am in the metro, I make sure to give myself time to listen to local songs.  One time, I even bought a CD of an Ilocano classic songs- the best of the Bukros Singers.  I remember when I was in grade school this group of singers were acclaimed, you can hear their songs everywhere especially at noon time.   Thanks also to YouTube, I can get to find and listen to more songs without spending much.   I don't understand but whenever I listen to an Ilocano song it gives me the feeling of awe and being "home". I admit that this is my way of showing my appreciation to our culture.  How can we be crazy about the songs of other culture if we cannot even admire or cherish our own?  Back home, we usually listen to Ilocano songs especially on weekends.

If there is one person who bequeathed me with capacious influenced in loving local songs, it was my father.  How I miss seeing him enjoying his cup of coffee rice while listening to his favorite Ilocano songs. I am proud to reveal that he can sing well. I miss his voice whenever he sings one of his favorite line from the song, "ta nagsaway a pintas mo...".  I know up there, he keeps listening and singing those wonderful songs.
 
I would like to share with you the copy of the CD I bought. 


 

1. Bannatiran
2. Dikanton Malipatan
3. No Duaduaempay
4. Diay Baybay
5. Diro Ni Ayat
6. Apay? Apay?
7. O Naraniag A Bulan
8. Katuday
9. Darderepdepek Nga Agnanayon
10. Tengga Ti Baybay
11. Kawar Ni Ayat
12. Maudi A Bilin
13. Ti Ayat Ti Maysa Nga Ubing
14. Pamulinawen
15. Sungdo Ni Ayat
16. Sabong Ni Mirasol
17. Biag Ken Bileg
18. Ta Nagsaway A Pintas Mo

 
 
 Call me traditional but I find "ragsak" in listening to Ilocano songs.


Kudos to the Ilocano composers/songwriters.


Let's give in to our own songs...
  
Say it LOUD and PROUD...


I love Ilocano songs! (",)
 
 



2 comments:

  1. hahaha

    O naraniag a bulan..ever favorite..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you may sing it best when it is full moon, hello deanne, keep listening!(",)

      Delete