Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Is that your Fone?"

    ALITTLETHINGCALLEDRAGSAK/APRIL 2014
ILOCOS NORTE, PHILIPPINES

"Is that your phone?"
"Ohhh, so you have a cell phone pala?"
"Wow hah, Nokia loyalty award!"
"Why don't you buy a new one?"
"It's so obsolete!"
"Whaaat! you still use that kind of phone??!"
"Palitan mo na kase yan, para lahat na tayo dito naka-apple na."

 How many times have I been  asked the following questions and received same kind of comments? I can no longer count my fingers. Maybe I am already immune or unaffected that I just ignored and smile whenever a fellow would utter the same thing. Honestly, it didn't really bother me nor  a big deal for me if I use that kind of phone.  In fact, I love it! (",)
The following are my ten simple and personal reasons why I am using it:
1. simple and easy to use
2. handy
3. unattractive to the eyes of the larcenists
4. it fell many times but still in good shape
5. can use it anywhere
6. in the darkest night, it serves as my light because it has a built in flashlight
7. my thumb can memorize the key pad
8. best alarm clock in the morning
9. simple games
10. built in calculator, calendar, reminders, etc.

Now you know. (",)

We try not to judge a book by its cover. We shouldn't judge people by the brand of their cellphones. I believe people take effort to really discern and follow their wise choice when they decide on what they want and what they need. For me gardening. running, swimming, taking photos and blogging are far more important than having a branded and expensive cellphone. In the long run, it will not really matter. When we die, I am sure in the gate of heaven, they will not ask us what brand of cellphone have we used. 

In my opinion, whoever the guard in charge of the gate of heaven the angel might surely ask the following questions:
1. Have you loved God with all your heart?
2. Have you loved humanity as much as you love yourself?
3. Have you reached out to others and helped them?
4. Have you used your God-given talents?
5. Have you done good to improve your community?
6. Have you saved Mother Earth?
7. Have you been honest in dealing with people?
8. Have you shared/give your earnings (10%)  to God?
9. Have you obeyed the teachings of Christ?
10. Have you lived your life with a purpose?

It's not the brand that really matters. It is knowing God's purpose in our life. Always think of this: If it will help you go to heaven, go for it. For it is the one that really counts.

  Why can’t we just carry our cellphone in peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment